Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Farewell to Charlie



Charlie ran out of the house yesterday when I was taking Nolan for a walk and I was never able to catch him. He has often run off playing and has always returned home. This time however, Charlie never made it back.

After long hours of searching, a construction worker said he spotted a tri-colored Beagle that had been hit on Hwy 280 right by our house. He said he was laying in the median. When I had gone to look for myself, there was no Charlie to be found. I called all the animal clinics, the humane society, and the police and fire departments and no one knew anything about a Beagle.

I like to think that a Good Samaritan must have picked him up and put him in a nice resting place. I may never know what happened exactly, but I firmly believe he's now in the Lord's arms in Heaven.

I loved Charlie immensely and I am truly devastated by the loss of him. He was only 5 years old and such a special part of my life. He will be greatly missed.

Psalm 31:9 - "Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and my body with grief."

2 comments:

Jeremy and Michelle said...

Jenny - I was so sad to here about your sweet puppy! Until James was born our shih tzu, Charlie, was our baby too and I know how hard it would be to loose him. After I read your blog last night I went to bed with tears as I told Jeremy about what happened. I just want you to know that I'm praying for you and my heart goes out to you.
Love - Michelle Allen

JJ said...

As a fellow lover of dogs, I cannot imagine your grief! Ash and I are still praying for you...