Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Update on doctor's appointment

I was able to see Dr. Fisher at the Kirklan Clinic today about my cavernous malformation. He's the best neurosurgeon for AVM's...so I was glad he was able to see me. He spent a lot of time with Eric and I and we felt a little better about everything. He wants to see me again in early August for another MRI to see if it has grown in size or leaked. He's also arranging for me to see a dermatologist for a full body evaluation for melanoma. He has had only 1 case where they were sure it was a cavernoma like I have but, but it turned out to be a melanoma tumor. The chances of it being that are very slim, but I'm getting checked to rule that out. As far as surgery, again, it would be the very last resort to have this removed. It can be done and can be successful, however, the risks are high and should be avoided unless absolutely necessary.

We're believing in total healing and that when I go back in August for another MRI, it won't be there anymore. I need you to pray with me daily and truly believe with me that God is going to completely heal me.

"Then your light will break out like the early morning, and you will soon be healed. Your right and good works will go before you. And the shining-greatness of the Lord will keep watch behind you." Isaiah 58:8

1 comment:

Aunt Mary said...

Jenny & Eric:

My prayers and thoughts are with you.

All my Love,

Aunt Mary