Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Deceptively Delicious

The last few months I've had a hard time feeding Nolan his veggies and he's gotten very quick to look at them and say "no" as he swings his head away. Now that he's doing really well feeding himself at mealtimes, he will eat everything except the vegetables on his plate. So, last year I saw Jessica Seinfield on the Today Show promoting her book Deceptively Delicious and thought at the time...I need to go buy that! Like most things I see and like, I forget about it until I see it again. Well, I came across her book the other day and snatched it off the shelf!! I couldn't wait to get home and start reading through the recipes and getting inspired to cook healthy for Nolan without him even knowing. Not only has this book taught me how to be sneaky with getting veggies in, but Eric and I are eating it too...not even tasting the difference! I really enjoy cooking and this book has gotten me so excited about our next mealtime and developing my own shortcuts/recipes along the way. It's funny now when we sit at the table as a family to eat and Eric asks, "so what's deceptive about this?" It just makes me smile as I know I'm feeding them with healthy ingredients and doing something really great for them in a small way :)

1 comment:

Jeremy and Michelle said...

I saw her on Oprah about a year ago too and thought the same thing - I'm glad you reminded me about it as well! James will eat veggies but is somewhat selective so this will be great! Thanks for sharing!