Friday, June 25, 2010

William is 11 months old!


William is changing so much at this age, and I think he's really starting to look like a toddler now. I'm sad my baby is growing up so fast, but looking forward to the upcoming year. This is a really hard age for me because William is a constant busy body getting into everything imaginable within reach. If it's not within reach, he's going to find a way to climb up to it somehow...even if it requires using his bumbo seat for a stool. He's taken a few steps, but still needs to hold on for extra support. He's not walking yet! It's kind of a relief, but I know it's just a matter of time before he's skipped over walking to running.

So what's new now? He's clapping, pointing to what he wants, shaking his head "no, no" when I tell him "no", climbing up the indoor slide, getting into the toilet, flushing the toilet, getting into the trash can, climbing in the dishwasher, emptying out any cabinet he can get into, dancing more when he hears songs on the tv he likes, and raising both his arms to praise Jesus! This little boy never keeps still or in the same room....ever!

On another note, William recently developed a case of separation anxiety and we're having a difficult time with him at church on Sunday because he cries for me so much in the nursery :( Overall, William is on a whole other level than Nolan ever was at this age. I'm lucky to still get snuggle time when I give him his bottle or rock him to sleep. He's still very much a mama's boy...but he's starting to want Eric more now. It's so sweet how he lights up when he sees Eric for the first time in the morning or when he comes home from work.
In just a few weeks, our little monkey will be turning one!

No comments: