Sunday, April 4, 2010

He is Risen: Happy Easter!!

We had a very busy Easter weekend with my family in Hammond. Eric and I ran in the Crescent City Classic 10k in Nola on Saturday and it was so crazy and crowded! We also cooked out with my family on Saturday and enjoyed my dad's new Green Egg grill. Yum! It was fun watching the kids dig into their Easter baskets...but most of all we were just thankful. The lyrics to the live version of one of my favorite songs by Kristian Stanfill sums it up:

I hear the Savior say, "Thy strength indeed is small;
Child of weakness, watch and pray, Find in Me thine all in all."

Jesus paid it all, All to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow.

Lord, now indeed I find Thy power and Thine alone,
Can change the leper's spots And melt the heart of stone.

And when before the throne I stand in Him complete,
"Jesus died my soul to save" my lips shall still repeat

"O Praise the one who paid my debt,
And raised this life up from the dead!!" (x6)

No comments: