Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

One of my favorite songs right now by Matt Maher is "Hold us Together". As I'm out running sometimes and the song pops up on my playlist...I think of my boys when I hear this verse and I'm over-flowing with joy for the relationship I know they will grow to have for each other:

"And love will hold us together
Make us a shelter to weather the storm
And I'll be my brother's keeper
So the whole world will know that we're not alone."

Raising up boys in the way of the Lord and providing them with unconditional love like our Father has for us, is the most rewarding job a mother can ever have. I feel so blessed and honored everyday to be their mom and to provide the tools they need everyday to be strong men of God. I thank God everyday for giving them to Eric and I and for the journey we travel together everyday. I want Nolan and William to always be the best of friends and to grow up together in this world knowing how much they are loved and how wide and how deep the love of Christ is for them in this crazy world we live in. This Mother's Day to me is a celebration of the love I have for my family and my 2 precious sons.

"May your roots go down deep into the soil of God's marvelous love. And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love really is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great you will never fully understand it. Then you will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God." Ephesians 3:17-19

No comments: