Monday, February 14, 2011

Meal Planning Monday!

So, we've really fallen off our healthy eating kick! Back to business now! I hate when I allow myself too much starch or sugar. I'm at the half-way mark in my 3rd pregnancy and I'm not about to gain any extra weight caused from poor eating habits or a dessert everyday. It all adds up on the scale and causes me to panic! I've already slowed down on my running, so I've got to take control of my eating to make up for the fewer calories I'm burning through exercise.

This is what I have meal planned for the upcoming week so far:

Dinner:
Monday: Shrimp Cakes with Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans
Tuesday: Flank Steak with Roasted Butternut Squash Cubes and side salad
Wednesday: Taco Salads
Thursday: Meatballs with Crunchy Sweet Potato Chips
Friday: Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Squash, Zucchini, and Carrots
Saturday: Salmon Patties with Deviled Eggs and Steamed Asparagus
Sunday: Crock-pot Chili (I add 1 small roughly chopped onion, red pepper, and orange pepper and use 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 small can tomato sauce, and 3/4 cup water. I also use lean ground turkey, 1 can rinsed kidney beans, and add extra salt, pepper, and chili powder).

Breakfast:
Egg Muffins with Bacon, Onion, Diced cherry tomatoes, and shredded sharp cheddar
Banana Muffins
Coconut Pancakes
Omelets with left-over meats

Lunch:
Tuna Stuffed Avocados
Chicken Salad
Sweet Potato, Bacon, and Egg Salad
Ginger Shrimp Salad and Sweet Potato Hash

Snacks:
Nuts (organic unsalted)
Fruit with slice of cheese
Almond butter with half banana

Get Inspired!

No comments: