Saturday, February 12, 2011

What's on your face?

My whole life I've been blessed with great skin, never have really had a bad experience with breakouts. I can only remember having a bad reaction to some products used in my first facial that were too strong for my skin. Other than that, I've never really invested a lot of time or money into facial cleansers, moisturizers or make-up. I've splurged time to time on a few things I really like, but skincare has never been on the top of my list...until now!
Recently I've experienced horrible breakouts for the first time in my life due to pregnancy hormones. I've also experienced increased oiliness throughout my t-zone and very dry cheeks. Right before my birthday a few weeks ago, I threw my hands up in aggravation and decided I needed some new facial cleansing products and make-up. After a little bit of research, I quickly found that the brand Philosophy had received amazing reviews on all of their products. One trip to Ulta and 3 weeks later, my skin looks clear and smooth. Here's what I purchased:

A one-step facial cleanser that melts away the make-up from my face. This product is great for my combination skin and I use it every night.


I have never used an exfoliating wash that did not dry out my skin. This one, however, is gentle enough to use everyday, and has cleaned out all of my pores. Love this stuff!

This is my favorite moisturizer ever!! It's light weight, non-greasy and oil-free, deeply hydrating, and makes my face feel so smooth. I love how my face feels after applying. I use this twice daily. 

This on the spot sulfur treatment targets my blemishes and helps to quickly clear my skin and prevent future breakouts.

Don't really need to spend too much attention on the eye area yet, but at 31 I've noticed a few fine lines. This is perfect and fights against the 7 signs of aging.

After cleansing my face in the morning, and applying my mineral foundation, I dab this stuff on my cheekbones for a soft dewy look. I apply a tiny amount with my fingertip and it drys fast leaving a sheer glow without the sparkles!

I've used Lorac blush for a really long time, but since my cheeks have been so dry, a friend recommended using a cream blush. Never crossed my mind to purchase. This Convertible Color blush by Stila adds a natural sheer tint that is non-greasy and can be used on my lips as well. I purchased this in Camellia and I've been very happy.



I purchased this mascara a few months ago after a close friend said she found the perfect mascera. Mac Haute & Naughty Lash has this dual-wiper system that refines the lashes for a clean defined look, while the other loads the lashes for greater impact...great for night.

Wanted to share a few of my favorites! Hope you enjoyed! I know this stuff is working because a woman from my bible study said I looked 21, not 31. Now my secret is out :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love it Jenny! I want to come back to your post next time I go shopping!