Saturday, June 21, 2008

Jenny-My Heart


Jenny, It took me about 15 minutes to start typing this post because I just couldn't figure out where to start. You are away right now visiting your family and friends in Lousiana while I had to stay at home and work a late night. I just want you to know how much I love you and miss you when you aren't here. You give Nolan and I a lot of credit on this blog, but I want everyone to know who reads this how incredible you are also. Jenny is what makes this family a family. I am "the man" of the house, but I wouldn't be able to be without her. She thinks I'm great and wonderful, but I'm only great and wonderful because she was first. I tell people everyday that I "married up" and anyone that knows us now or knew us before we were us knows its true. Our God truly is an Awesome God, our Creator, and our Editor. The love that He allows a couple to share in a marriage that puts him First is representative of the love that He has for His Christian family. The love that He allows us to have for Nolan is given to let us know how unshakable, undeniable, and unconditional the love He has for His children really is. I simply cannot make a statement about how incredibly dedicated to her and thankful I am for Jenny's presence in my life without giving honor to the One that allowed us to be together in the first place. We wouldn't be who we are without Him. Jenny, you are so dear to me, and if I accomplish nothing else in my time on earth, I want nothing more than to be your husband and the father that your children deserve to have. I am so thankful for you, and as I write this, I realize that as much as I want to portray my most initimate love for you, my words will not convey my message. God gave me my Heart, and it is you.


I love you,

Eric

3 comments:

jason said...

You rock Eric!
We need to catch up brother!

Romans 1:12

Blessings,

Jason Cooke
http://histruthinlove.wordpress.com/

The Hoppers said...

That was so wonderful!

The Dettling's said...

I'm in tears! How sweet and beautiful! Jenny is a wonderful woman, and y'all are precious together. I love you guys!