Thursday, January 14, 2010

Five...

And so the New Year has started off full swing for us! Eric and I started our 21 days of prayer & fasting on January 10th and always look forward to this spiritual time of renewal in our lives. This year I have chosen to consume no more than 15grams of sugar per day and no Facebook. I have the biggest sweet tooth (always have) so ridding my body of all the extra sugar is really hard at first, but I already feel so great a few days into it! I also really enjoy keeping in touch with everyone on FB, so fasting that cuts off my communication with others and causes me to focus more on my communication with my main Man!

On another note, I just joined a gym yesterday and have committed myself to exercising there when it's too cold or rainy to take the boys with me on my runs. No more weather excuses for exercising! I'm running in another 10k next Saturday and if all goes well and I feel great...I'm going to continue my training to run in the Seaside half-marathon on March 7th. I'm already up to 6 miles so how much harder could another 6 be?? I've been having a little trouble with my right hip for the last month, so I'm going to see how next Saturday's race goes before I follow through and sign-up.

This year we are focused on finding our Five...which basically means we are focusing on 5 things on our daily agenda and doing them everyday. We are committed to finding time each day to do these 5 things and have fun doing them.

My daily Five:
1. Prayer/Bible reading
2. Quality time with Eric each night
3. Exercise/eating more Organic and low sugar
4. One educational thing with the boys each day
5. Spending wisely

Eric's Five:
1. Prayer/Bible reading
2. Telling me something special each day
3. Playing with boys
4. Exercise (he's slacked on this very badly so far)
5. Do 1 chore a day around house

To learn more about what we're doing go to : www.churchofthehighlands.com/21daysofprayer/

This week Nolan got his first black eye from running into a church pew at MMO. The swelling is gone, but the eye still looks pretty bad. William also just finished all of his vegetables (no allergies) and we started on apples yesterday...which he smiled after tasting! He's also been sitting up by himself for about 3-5mins here and there. His hair has been growing out crazy so I had to trim myself around the edges a little. It looks SO MUCH better!! Here's a few recent pics:

William 5 1/2 months

Nolan not getting his way!

William sitting up alone for a few mins to play

Early Saturday morning with Daddy


Nolan painting with his friend Parker who came to visit us after New Year's

No comments: